Weaning is a stressful time that leads to weight loss. The introduction of palatable high energy, high protein feed with adequate roughage will stabilise weight and can in some instances leads to weight gains.
- A high protein meal based loose lick suitable for young stock,
- Consumption is self-regulated versus many high grain rations,
- Contains adequate phosphorus and calcium with a full complement of trace minerals including vitamins A, D and E,
- The recommendation for stock under 180kg is the Riverina XLR8 Calf Pellets or Calf Crumbles,
- High meal weaner mix for stock 150kg plus,
- Moderate meal weaner mix for stock 200kg plus,
- Customised mixes available at no extra charge.
- For a high energy no urea solution we recommend Riverina XLR8 Calf Pellets,
Directions for Use
- Allow free access to stock,
- It is NOT a complete feed,
- Expected consumption is 100 – 200 grams per head per day,
- Locate lick away from watering points to avoid over-consumption and to encourage stock to graze out.
- Composed of salt, urea, ammonium sulphate, cottonseed and copra protein meal, mono dicalcium phosphate, limestone, cobalt, copper, iron, manganese, zinc, selenium, iodine, vitamins A, D and E.
- Rumensin® can be added