As pastures dry off they become more fibrous reducing digestibility and voluntary feed intake.Often cattle become physically full before they can consume sufficient levels of nutrients.
- Non-protein nitrogen (e.g. urea) and sulphur to stimulate rumen function, digestibility and feed intake,
- True protein, to replace essential amino acids used by the animal,
- Phosphorus and calcium for bone growth and milk production,
- Sodium to maintain fluid balance and feed intake,
- Trace minerals to maintain general health and fertility, and
- Energy to maintain rumen function and animal condition.